When it comes to making your own baby food, nothing is easier than using the Baby Brezza One Step Baby Food Maker. Before getting the Baby Brezza One Step Food Maker, I would make a mess in the kitchen. After washing, peeling and cutting fruits and vegetables, I would have to use one to two pans to broil or steam the food. While the food was piping hot, I would have to pour it into the food processor to puree it. I would use on average 5-6 different kitchen appliances just to make a cup or two of baby food.
With the Baby Brezza One Step Baby Food Maker, I am down to a knife, a cutting board and the Baby Brezza. You simply wash, peel and cut up fruits or vegetables and then place them into the Baby Brezza. The Baby Brezza does the rest of the work for you. You can choose to steam the food, blend the food or steam and blend. The best part is that it is all done in the same container in 30 minutes or less.
Clean up is a snap as well. The bowl and the blade are both top rack dishwasher safe.
What I Love:
- The Baby Brezza One Step Food Maker is small and doesn’t take up much counter space. At only 7 inches tall, 8 inches deep, and 9 inches wide, it takes up very little cabinet space and doesn’t need very much space on the counter either.
- It is BPA free. This is always a plus in my book.
- I don’t have to worry about getting burned while transferring hot foods from the pan to the food processor. Since steaming and pureeing happen in the same bowl, injury is less likely to occur.
- Fruits and vegetables are blended to the perfect consistency for my son. I haven’t had any issues with foods being too watered down, or too chunky.
- The ability to steam only, steam and blend or blend only lends itself to multiple uses. As baby grows, you can choose to just steam and blend on your own so that the baby food gets chunkier as you transition away from purees, and you don’t have to puree it at all. You can even use just the blend function for mushy fruits such as bananas and avocados.
- You can also use the steam function to reheat and defrost purees.
What I Don’t Love:
- It’s loud. Steaming is silent, but the actual blending function is very loud and has scared both me and my son numerous times.
- You have to remove the drive shaft before putting the bowl in the dishwasher. This can pose a problem when you have to remove it if there is still a bit of food in the bowl. The first time I took the drive shaft off, I dumped sweet potato puree all over the counter.
- The water tank doesn’t always empty so you have to dump the water out when finished preparing baby food. You also have to watch when you are pouring more water in that you don’t overflow the reservoir.
Overall I really love the Baby Brezza One Step Baby Food Maker. It’s easy to use, easy to clean up and makes the perfect baby food every time.
To purchase the Baby Brezza One Step Baby Food Maker or to learn more about it please click here:
What do you think about the Baby Brezza One Step Baby Food Maker?