When it comes to pacifiers, I have a bit of an obsession. I lose them constantly, and think that they are super cute. I found a great deal on The First Years Gumdrop pacifiers at Walmart for $4.66 for a two pack. I was excited to give them a try because the entire pacifier seemed like it would be good for my son to chew on while teething.
I have a similar gumdrop pacifier given to us by the hospital. These are not the same pacifiers as given in the hospital, but they are very similar. Both the ring and the guard are a soft and semi-pliable BPA free rubber material. It is hard enough to retain its shape, but soft enough to provide some teething relief. The nipple is also BPA free, but quite a bit harder than any of the other pacifiers that we have.
What I Love:
- The pacifier is a one piece design, meaning that the nipple and guard are made together. This is really beneficial when washing because water cannot get underneath the nipple and get stuck. It also means that it is more difficult for the nipple to come off of the guard (making it less likely baby will choke on the nipple).
- The guard and the ring are a soft but hard rubberized material making it an excellent teething pacifier. My son loves to chew on the guard.
- The colors are vibrant and really stand out. I love this because I am notorious for losing pacifiers, and the vibrancy of the colors helps them stand out.
- The pacifiers look adorable in the mouth.
- The guard is large enough that I am not worried about my son choking on it or getting it stuck in his mouth.
What I Don’t Love:
- The pacifier is a weird shape and my son had a difficult time keeping it in his mouth. I would have to hold it in so he could suck on it for more than a few seconds at a time.
- The gumdrop pacifiers are a bit difficult to clean because they are all one piece. I personally had a hard time getting into all the nooks and crannies to make sure everything was clean.
Overall, I love the color and texture of The First Years Gumdrop pacifiers, but because of the shape my son had a hard time keeping it in his mouth. They are great for the price, but I won’t be purchasing anymore.
What do you think about The First Years Gumdrop Pacifiers?